8 Tips for Using Sintered Activated Carbon Block cartridges
The sintered activated carbon filter is a filterwhich is prepared by mixing activated carbon powder material and polymer hot-melting pore-forming material, pouring into a special mold, and sintering at a high temperature of 200-300 ° C. It integrates adsorption, filtration, interception and catalysis into one body, which can effectively remove organic matter, residual chlorine and other radioactive substances in water, and has the effects of decolorization and odor removal. However, there are many points that need special attention when using sintered activated carbon. Today we will share 8 tips for using sintered activated carbon.
1. The sintered activated carbon block has a large number of micropores and super strong adsorption capacity, and its adsorption performance is second only to the high-precision filter cartridge. The pore diameter of the sintered activated carbon block will gradually become smaller during the process of intercepting and adsorbing impurities, and the pressure drop of the filter cartridge becomes larger, and the flow rate becomes smaller.
2. The filtering effect of the sintered activated carbon block is proportional to the contact time of the filtered material with the activated carbon cartridge. Therefore, the wall thickness of the sintered activated carbon filter determines the effect of filtering the pollutants.
3. The pore size of the sintered activated carbon block filter cartridge should not be too large. Generally, the best pore size is 1-2 microns. Otherwise it will affect the adsorption and filtration effect of activated carbon on contaminant.
4. All activated carbon blocks should be careful to avoid the adhesion of a large amount of large particles (SS solid suspension) to the surface during use, as this will cause anaerobic biological growth, thereby reducing the adsorption effect of the activated carbon filter and producing other odors. Therefore, the precision of pp cotton filter (the pre-filter cartridge of the sintered activated carbon filter) must reach the standard of 1 micron, or the precision of the non-woven fabric wrapped with sintered activated carbon should reach about 1 micron.
5. When the sintered activated carbon filter is used after being placed in the hollow ultrafiltration wet film, we need to pay attention to thoroughly clean the protective liquid of the ultrafiltration membrane when it is used for the first time, and then connect the sintered activated carbon filter.Otherwise, the strong adsorption of the sintered activated carbon will instantaneously adsorb the alcohol and the silicone oil in the protective liquid, causing the filter catridge to be ineffective or even mold. (Other activated carbon filter cartridges should also be noted).
6. Granular activated carbon, alkaline ball, maifanite ball and negative potential ball (hereinafter referred to as “particle state filter element”) are easy to produce powdery substances. If these filter elements are placed in front of sintered activated carbon blcok, the generated dust will easily block the sintering activated carbon filter.Therefore, when using the filter, we recommend you to wash the granular material filter cartridge before use, until there is no black water or floating out and then connected to the sintered activated carbon filter cartridge.
7. If the particle filter cartridge and the sintered activated carbon filter cartridge are separated by an ultrafiltration membrane filter cartridge, it is necessary to ensure that the ultrafiltration membrane filter cartridge is not damaged, and the ultrafiltration membrane should be backwashed frequently to avoid high temperature, Otherwise, the impurities intercepted by the ultrafiltration membrane will be decomposed by the microbial bacteria and produce a rancid smell. These odors are immediately adsorbed by the sintered activated carbon block. After a while, our drinking water will have an odor (it can be washed with a large amount of water).
8. Sintered activated carbon block water filter has super strong adsorption effect. If it is placed behind the alkaline function filter cartridge, the alkalinity will be weakened.
HUATAN is a leading green-tech activated carbon block filter cartridge manufacturer in China. We specialize in the customization and production of activated carbon blocks, carbon filter cartridges and compound carbon filters. We can manufacture activated carbon products with different specifications and functions according to the specific needs of customers. If you are interested in our company or products, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- Extracting Gold Using Activated Carbon: Principles, Processes, and Environmental Considerations
- The Benefits of Using Coconut-Based Carbon Cartridges
- HUATAN Filtration: Showcasing Top-notch Water Filtration Products at Aquatech China 2023
- The Most Common Uses for Carbon Cartridges in Manufacturing
- The Science Behind Carbon Cartridges: How Do They Work?
- Carbon Block vs. Granular Activated Carbon: Which Is Better?
- What is a Carbon Block and How Does It Work?
- The Advantages of Carbon Block Filter Cartridges from China
- What to Look for in a Quality Carbon Block Water Filter?
- Factors to Consider When Evaluating China-Made Carbon Block Filters
Get in Touch With Huatan
Take your business to the next level with HUATAN, a trusted manufacturer of carbon block water filter cartridges in China. We’re here to help you succeed and provide the support you need.Contact Now