How Often to Replace your Carbon Block Water Filters?
We all know that the filter cartridge is the core component of all water filters, and the activated carbon filter cartridge is the most commonly used filter element in water purifiers. Because activated carbon can physically adsorb contaminants, it does not cause pollution, has no side effects, and is inexpensive. Therefore, activated carbon is a relatively common filter cartridge material in water purifiers. So can the activated carbon cartridge in the water purifier be used for a long time, and why should it be replaced regularly?
Because activated carbon is usually made of nut shells and trees. For example, activated carbon filter material of HUATAN FILTRATION is made of coconut shell certified by NSF. These materials are heated at high temperature under the condition of being isolated from the air, and continuously pass water vapor, and finally remove the wood gas and wood tar that are decomposed by heating due to heat. The remaining main component is activated carbon.
The activated carbon is covered with tiny pores inside and out, so its surface area is particularly large. After calculation, the surface area of 1 gram of activated carbon can reach 500-1000 square meters. This makes activated carbon have a strong adsorption ability, people can use it to adsorb harmful substances in water or air to purify water or air.
The activated carbon filter cartridge mainly plays a filtering and adsorption role in the water purifier, but after a certain period of time, the adsorption performance of the activated carbon filter cartridge will saturate and will lose its purification function.And with the increase of the use time, the adsorbed substance and the activated carbon filter itself will also retain some microorganisms and bacteria.
Therefore, the activated carbon filter cartridge placed in the water purifier or the filter tank cannot be used for many years. After a certain period of time, it is best to replace the activated carbon cartridge in the water purifier or the filter tank in time. According to the water pollution situation in different areas, it is best to replace the filter cartridge in 3 to 6 months in the heavily polluted area, and the filter cartridge needs to be replaced in the 6 to 9 months in the slightly polluted area, The longest life of the activated carbon filter cartridge generally does not exceed one year.
- Factors Influencing the Service Life of Carbon block Filter Cartridges
- 3 Factors That Shape The Activated Carbon Block Filter Market Trends
- Informations about Activated Carbon Filters You Need to Know
- What Is The Difference between A High-quality Water Purifier And A Low-quality Water Filter?
- Views about The Replacement of Water Filter Cartridges
- Why Should The Activated Carbon Cartridge in The Water Purifier Be Replaced Regularly?
- How Much You Know about Safe Drinking Water？
- 6 Truths about The Use of Home Water Filter
- Which Parts of Special Consumer Needs Water Filter Most?
- Can The Water from The Home-use Filter Be Drunk Directly?